In this post, we show you how to bookmark a website on your iPhone home screen so you can access it quickly.
Ads by Google
Most often than not, we tend to visit specific websites on a regular basis. Maybe you love to catch up with the news on NYT or read up on all the trending tech and social stories on Mashable. Whatever your choice of regular reading, you don’t have to click tap, double tap and do a ton of gimmicks to get to those frequently visited websites. You can simply bookmark them on your home screen. Here’s how to do that.
How to Bookmark a Website on your iPhone Home Screen
1. Open the Safari browser app.
2. Navigate to the web page you want to bookmark.
Ads by Google
3. Tap the Share button.
4. In the second row of icons, tap Add to Home Screen.
5. In the next screen, you will see the icon of the website along with its name and URL. You can tap on the name to modify it or make it smaller.
6. Tap Add. The site icon will now be added to your home screen.
The bookmarked site will look like an app icon but its actually a bookmark. Tap on the icon and you’ll be taken to the page in Safari. You can touch and hold the icon, and when all of them start to jingle, you can move them to a different home screen. Or you can tap the x icon next to the icon to delete it.
While I usually prefer to bookmark a website within Safari itself, bookmarking a website you frequent on the home page lets you get to it faster. But of course, it makes more sense to use this feature if you don’t have too many frequently visited sites.
What is your favorite method of bookmarking websites you frequently visit. Do you find this method clogging up too much space on your home screen?