Have you installed a lot of iMessage apps on your iPhone but no longer use many of them now? If you want to remove some of these apps but can’t find a way to do it, you’re not alone. Removing an iMessage app on the iPhone is not as straightforward as deleting the app icon from the Home Screen. If you’re confused about to how to delete an iMessage app, just follow the steps in this tutorial and you’ll be done in no time at all.
Ads by Google
Most apps that are iMessage only don’t have an app icon shortcut added to the Home Screen. So if you’re looking at your Home Screen for the app icon, you most likely won’t find it there. What you need to do instead is go to the iMessage App Bar to find and delete the app.
How To Delete An iMessage App
1. Open the Messages app and go to an iMessage conversation. You can even start a new conversation if you like.
2. Tap on the Apps icon to open up the App Store for iMessage section and the Apps bar at the bottom.
Ads by Google
3. Swipe the App’s Bar to the left until you reach the end of it and you see the More button. (That’s the horizontal 3 dotted menu).
4. On the next screen, you will see the iMessage apps list. Swipe left on the app that you want to delete.
5. Tap Delete to get rid of the app.
6. Tap Done to exit.
That’s how you uninstall an iMessage app from your iPhone. The process works the same on your iPad too!
If you found this tutorial useful, be sure to check out our iOS Tips Archives section that has lots of tips and instructions you’ll find useful.