If you’ve had a bad experience with iCloud and iTunes backups, its time to get a better alternative to backup your iPhone and iPad data – with iMazing Mini.
Ads by Google
iCloud backups are terrible. That’s what I recently discovered when I woke up one morning to find all my data had disappeared overnight. Back and forth calls for over 3 months to Apple support helped me get a small part of my data back. But most of it just disappeared. I’m not only going to never see some of my most precious data again but I’m never going to trust iCloud either.
So what’s the alternative. There are plenty of options including a convoluted iTunes setup. But what I’m currently exploring is a Mac app called iMazing Mini.
What Does iMazing Mini Do?
The free iMazing Mini app backs up your iOS devices wirelessly, automatically and privately. Its like an iOS Time Machine offering snapshots of your devices, storing dozens of backups and allowing you to go back in time and restore any specific version of your iPhone backup.
Ads by Google
You can schedule when and how frequently you want each of your devices to be backed up. You can also set how many of your backups you want iMazing Mini to keep. The app’s archive allows you to keep a month’s worth of backups or just a week’s or everything.
You can even let iMazing Mini remind you so you never miss a backup and are always up-to-date. All backups your data wirelessly and securely with the backup encryption format AES-256.
Also Read : How to Use Google Backup and Sync on Mac
iMazing Mini also offers some extra cool features like battery monitoring. You can configure a threshold below which the app will remind you to charge your device. It also offers easy access to some device information such as UDID, Serial, IMEI, and Chip Model among others.
How to Back Up Your iPhone with iMazing Mini
Here’s a quick guide on how to back up your iPhone with iMazing Mini.
1. Download iMazing Mini from the official website and install it on your Mac.
2. Launch the app.
3. On the Home screen, you can see all of the features of the app. Click Next.
4. Now connect your iPhone to your Mac with the charging cable. Your iPhone will flash a pop up asking you to trust the Mac that is trying to connect. Tap Trust.
5. The app will then ask you to make your first backup manually. Just click Back Up Now.
Watch the Quick Video Guide
6. You will now need to configure your backup settings.
– Automatic Backups – The device is set to take automatic backups everyday. You can change this to 2/3/weekly/fortnightly or monthly. You can also choose a specific time if you’d like. And you can choose to backup only if your iPhone battery has over a certain percentage of charge. The default option is set to over 20%
– Backup Encryption – In this section, you can keep your backups secure by adding password protection.
– Backup Location – This section lets you choose where you want to backup your iPhone data. On your own hard drive, on a specific folder (like a cloud service) or on an external hard drive.
– Backup Archival – This section allows you to set your data archive configuration. By default, iMazing deletes backups older than 1 month. You can change this to 2/3/6 months or 1 year.
– Wi-Fi Connection – This section allows you to enable or disable a Wi-Fi connection. When both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, backups will happen automatically, wirelessly.
– Additional options – This section lets you set a reminder to charge your battery when it goes below a certain percentage. By default, this is set to 10%.
7. Once you configure the different settings, click Done to let the app do the backup. The screen will display a time estimate for the backup to be completed. Just sit back and let the app do its thing.
8. When the backup is complete, you’ll get a message that the backup was successful. You’ll be taken back to the Home screen where you see confirmation of the backup.
9. Click Next.
10. You will need to give one more confirmation to allow your Mac to access your iPhone. In the popup, click Continue.
11. You’ll need to respond on your iPhone as well.
That’s it! Your first iPhone backup is complete! Your next backups should happen wirelessly without any hiccups.
With iMazing Mini, I found the whole backup and sync process smooth sailing and super easy. One of the nicest thing about this app is that it is totally free to download and use. No extra cost whatsoever.
If you are happy with what you can do with iMazing Mini, you can consider buying the fully featured iMazing app, which is the most advanced backup solution for iOS devices. If you love what iMazing Mini can do for your data, you’ll definitely find it worthwhile investing in the $39.99 iMazing app itself.
You can check out the free trial of iMazing that comes with Mini or just download the Mini version alone. It is one of the best apps I’ve used to backup my iPhone data automatically, in a secure manner.