Photolemur is a Photo Enhancer for Mac That Uses AI to Make Your Photos Belle
If you love taking photos and want them to look beautiful and professional, the AI powered app Photolemur promises to deliver.
Ads by Google
If you take a lot of photos on your iPhone or DSLR, chances are, you use a photo editing tool to polish your snapshots and make it more eye catching. The iPhone App Store is packed with a lot of great apps that can help you edit and share your photos on various social channels. However, if you are someone who prefers to do less photo editing, but still want great snapshots, you need to check out Photolemur.
Photolemur for Mac is an intelligent little tool that uses AI to edit and transform your images automatically for you. It can edit individual photos or do batch enhancements with ease. You don’t have to determine which photos need what fixes.
Ads by Google
There’s no manual work involved except uploading and exporting the photos. Photolemur examines each individual photo and performs appropriate fixes for each one based on various factors. The app considers elements like:
- Color Recovery: Ensures that the bright vivid colors you see in real life are maintained.
- Sky enhancement: Boosts the blues of the skies to make it more natural and vivid.
- Exposure compensation: Automatically detects inaccurate exposure settings and transforms darker images to brighter ones and vice versa.
- Smart dehaze: Keeps off unrealistic and unnatural haze that sometimes plays spoilsport in your photos.
- Natural light correction: Considers the time of day you are capturing an image and adjusts the warm and tool tones to keep the lighting as natural as possible.
- Foliage enhancement: Singles out trees, leaves and plants and adjusts its colors and sharpness to retain its stunning natural beauty.
- Noise reduction: Automatically finds and removes unwanted noise created by slow shutter speeds in low light situations.
- Tint perfection: Examines the photos and applies a bluish tint for cooler images and a reddish tint for images shot in warmer climes.
- Face retouching: Detects and removes imperfections and blemishes in faces to display healthy looking skin.
- JPG fix: Corrects crispness and clarity lost during imperfect lossy compression and removes other noise in JPEG images.
- RAW processing: Fixes RAW photos without the need for extra software.
- Horizon straightening: Analyzes your photos and adjusts for off-kilter horizons or backgrounds.
Editing Photos on Photolemur
Editing photos on Photolemur is pretty straightforward.
Once you download, install and launch the app, you’ll see the Home screen. Upload your photos by importing or dragging them to the screen.
Once imported, the photo is quickly analyzed and the final output shows up with a Before/After slider. You can move the slider around to see the difference between the original and enhanced image. Now all you have to do is export the image to a location of your choice.
Photolemur lets you save it to a location on your disk, or upload it to Flickr, Facebook, Twitter or Snapheal. You can also email it to someone if you like.
Then hit Done to complete the process.
Here’s one example of a shot edited with Photolemur.
Here’s the Before shot:
And the After shot:
Pretty good huh!
Here’s another one: Before
Uniqueness of Photolemur
Photolemur is not like your usual photo editor apps that contain a set of standard filters. These filters apply the same set of exposure adjustment, saturation, contrast and temperature to all images. Photolemur on the other hand identifies the elements in each individual photo, differentiates portraits from landscapes or macro, and then applies an appropriate preset.
Photolemur is not your usual photo editor. Nor is it a professional photo editing software for photographers. It is a wonderful tool for casual smartphone photographers who want to make their snaps look beautiful and professional. Its ideal for users who want to process dozens of photos quickly, easily, and automatically. And its also ideal for users who want professional-looking photos without splashing on expensive gear and investing in too much time or money.
Photolemur costs $30 on the Mac App Store. But, the good news is that the app has a free trial that you can try out. Check it out and decide for yourself if the app is worth your money.