Stop using the awkward Home and Sleep/Wake button shortcut to take screenshots on your iPhone. I’ll show an easier way to take screenshots on your iPhone with just a couple of screen taps.
If you own an iPhone, chances are, you take screenshots of something on your screen to share with other people. However, the iPhone’s screenshot taking shortcut is rather awkward. Pressing the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons often ends up locking your device, activating Siri or moving to the one hand screen mode.
Ads by Google
Thankfully there’s a much more intuitive process available. Here’s how to take screenshots on your iPhone with one touch using the Assistive Touch feature.
Take Screenshots on Your iPhone Using Assistive Touch
The Assistive Touch feature on your iPhone is a part of a string of accessibility features that the iPhone offers. Accessibility features help users to control the device using gestures. It includes using inch, swipes, 3D Touch and so on to do stuff on your iPhone.
And guess what, you can take advantage of the feature to take a screenshot with just one touch of your finger. Let’s see how to set it up.
Ads by Google
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then tap on General.
3. Next, tap Accessibility.
4. On the Accessibility screen, scroll down to the Interaction section and tap on AssistiveTouch.
5. If AssistiveTouch is disabled, go ahead and tap the button to enable it. You will instantly see a greyish square button appear at the bottom right of the screen. That’s the Assistive Touch button.
This button can be moved around, but you can also simply leave it as is. When you are typing text, it may look obtrusive to you, but it actually re-positions itself and gets out of the way. So don’t worry about it.
6. Now, tap Customize Top Level Menu. You will see around 6 icons that you can tap to customize.
7. Look for the icon that reads Custom. This icon does not have any actions assigned to it. We can use this to add our shortcut. Tap the Custom icon.
8. In the next screen, scroll down and tap Screenshot. A checkmark will appear next to the option.
9. Tap Done.
Now when you are back on the Customize Top Level Menu screen, you will see the Custom icon is renamed as Screenshot.
10. Press the Home button to navigate back to your Home screen.
11. Now when you want to take your screenshot, tap the Assistive Touch icon and then tap the Screenshot button.
Your screen will flash to indicate it has taken a screenshot.
All screenshots will be added to the Camera Roll from where you can access and use them as needed.
That’s it guys! A super easy way to take screenshots on your iPhone.
If you liked this tutorial, be sure to sign up to receive all the latest app reviews and tips in your Inbox.